Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Box – fully electric drive
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Box enables a pure electric mode (EV-mode) when ECO mode is on – so that the ECO button = missing EV button now. No problems with warranty - undetectable by dealer. This external, additional ECU uses original Mitsubishi plugs and can be installed within minutes, without any car alteration or modification. Just plug-and-play box that gives you following enthancements:
- pure EV mode up to 130 km/h - no gasoline engine (ICE) starting when full throttle
- saves about 10% of gasoline in hybrid mode
- perfect to mantain long life of battery
- less cold starts of ICE in winter (with ICEheaterStop option)
- in ECO mode, the range of the car is extended (about 8%)
- pedal accuracy is highly improved. In ECO mode 100% of pedal position = 100% of EV power (60kW), linear from zero. Really smooth drive is possible.
- predictable starting of ICE by PHEV ECU is switched off
- full car power of EV + ICE is always available at once, (for overtaking, etc), when kick-down activated
- Charge, Save buttons work as usual, but ECO button is now EV button
- In NORMAL mode, the car is permitted to use ICE (gasoline), but throttle characteristics is improved to reduce accidental ICE starting. In ECO mode, the car is not permitted to use ICE, except kick-down or speed of 130+ km/h
- Optional: ICEheaterStop optional module enables full electric heating of cabin in most weather & temperature conditions. Gasoline engine will start only if it is cold, consumption of fuel for heating will be reduced by 70% (average).
Explanation: There are three different channels (triggers) that can cause ICE to start: heating of cabin (that we reduce with ICEheatStop), preheating of oil/engine in winter to avoid demolishing engine by rapid full power demand while frozen, and finally - traction power demand.
ICEheatStop blocks usage of ICE for cabin heating, ICE Ecu still may preheat ICE oil without any load (and without electricity production) for 30 sec - 2 min (depends on external temperature). Fuel consumption for that preheating is very low - much lower than when engine is additionally loaded with power generator to speed up ICE->cabin heating.
Box can be ordered worldwide. We accept PayPal as a method of payment. Delivery via courier. Warranty: 2 years, Money Back Guarantee: 14 days
Price: € 236 net.
EU citizens need to provide valid VAT number for tax exemption. Non EU citizens pay net price.
Shipping included (in EU).
Shipping outside EU: +35 Eur.
Free standard shipping or DHL Express service (extra fee).
PHEV Box – FAQ
1. What modelyears and versions of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is PHEV Box compatible?
All. It does not matter if it is first (up to 2015) or second gen (2016+) of PHEV. The only difference is for using „ICEheaterStop” option in cars, where there is no electric heater.
2. Can it be detected by the dealer/car manufacturer?
No. There is no risk for warranty as it is undetectable.
3. Is that difficult to install PHEV Box?
No. You can do that within few minutes, without any car modification. Box uses factory plugs.
4. Is there any risk for battery?
No. Battery works with same maximum current as designed by factory. In fact, smoother power control and low speed reduced energy drain in ECO mode helps battery to be more durable (and thus - increases range). Using box is good for battery life.
5. Is the range increased?
Yes. You will observe up to 8% better range in pure EV mode. This is caused by more sophisticated and precise electric power applying. Battery is not drained to lower level, than factory designed (around 30% of real capacity).
6. Is there any gasoline saving in hybrid mode?
Yes. Because of re-programmed throttle curve, you will notice better mileage. Difference depends on style of driving, but is easily noticeable.
7. What is „ICEheaterStop” option?
ICEheaterStop optional connector samples internal temperature of the cabin and by controlling load demand for ICE it massively reduces ICE starts for heating in cold weather. Gasoline engine will work less than 30% of time, that it was working before. In many cases it won't start at all. It is especially efficient if you commute – you will notice huge fuel savings. It is easy to install, no car modification is needed.
8. Can I add ICEheaterStop later?
Yes, all PHEV Boxes have port to connect ICEheaterStop optional unit.
9. Is that legal to use PHEV Box or ICEheaterStop option?
As there are no car permanent modifications, modifications of power, emissions, safety – there are no reasons for such solutions to be illegal (like for car alarms or other additional equipment).
10. Can I return PHEV Box?
In additional to your Statutory Warranty (2 years) we offer a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with PHEV Box, please contact us within 14 days of taking delivery, and organise to return the product and receive a refund. Product must be undamaged.
11. I have another question concerning PHEV Box
Contact us via support chat.
12. Do they have certification?
Yes, CE approval, E20 10R-03 2680
If you encounter following problem: box works properly for some time, then switches off (no difference to factory car) – it means probably, that throttle characteristic is too different in some areas to default EU version, which is stored in box. Adaptation of throttle curve would be needed to solve this problem. To adapt please follow on-screen instructions in PHEV Box Manager software (start adaptation with acc pedal released, confirm, press full thottle including kickdown, confirm). After adaptation PHEV box should work without any further troubles.
If you want to return to stock setup for your box, and you have forgotten to save it, beside are factory programs for 2013-2015 cars and for 2016 PHEVs. Please load using PHEV Box Manager program using "Load" function. Once loaded they are stored in the box automatically, overwriting maps and parameters stored earlier.
Alternative setup: NORMAL mode is EV mode, also switching to gasoline mode (factory car) can be done with short kick down (just "kick"). Then - return to EV mode will occur when acc pedal is fully released. With this setup Outlander PHEV has better start from zero (still standing).
For New Zealand 2016 PHEV cars (as scaling of throttle differs to EU versions) there is special version: (thanx Russell O'Donoghue)
Firmware update to v1.4 + coast mode for B5 + extra regen for B5
We look for distributors in some countries. If you are interested in PHEV Box distribution, or distribution of other products (power boxes, EPC power controllers, SeaDoo/BRP flashers etc) or arranging trainings for chiptuning & WinOls (for tuners) in your country – please contact us: email@example.com